The Riviera Maya has a wide range of theme parks, but some stand out for their service and quality and that results in a great experience and are a great adventure.
One of them is Xplor, from the Xcaret group of theme parks.
What is Xplor?
Xplor is an ecological adventure park located between Playa del Carmen and Tulum with attractions that will get you a good amount of adrenaline and smiles flying on zip lines over the Mayan jungle, and above and below ground with circuits in amphibious vehicles or rafts in subway rivers.
Without a doubt, the 2 circuits of zip lines are something you shouldn’t miss.
There are a total of 3.8 km of zip lines, with towers, slides and hammocks along the way. The zip lines can be a little intimidating at first, but once you’ve taken your first plunge, you won’t want to stop.
Circuit in the jungle with an amphibious vehicle. Pass through bridges, caves and countless curves in an amphibious vehicle.
Rafting tour through subway caves.
Swimming tour (with life jacket) through a subway river full of stalactites.
With your entrance fee you will have access to cave trails and rest areas. Unlimited snacks and drinks, buffet lunch and other basic services are included.
There are two types of tickets:
- Children (between 5 and 11 years old). They pay 50% of the adult ticket.
And two different schedules:
- Regular. Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fuego. Monday through Saturday from 5:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Price usually less expensive than regular hours.
How to get there
The park offers transportation to the park at an additional cost. To get there by public transportation you can take the Playa del Carmen-Tulum colectivo(minivan) and ask to get off at the park.
Tips to make the most of your visit to Xplor
- Buy your tickets online at the official Xplor site and Xplor Fuego. They will always be cheaper than buying them at the box office. Also check out our coupons and promotions for Xcaret section.
- Arrive very early, shortly before 9:00 am, and head to the Zip Lines, this is the most popular attraction with the longest lines.
- Public transportation is inexpensive and constant, consider it as an option if you want to save a little more.
- If you don’t mind sacrificing a little sightseeing or are more interested in the adventure aspect, consider the usually less expensive Xplor Fuego experience.
- If you plan to visit another of the Experiencias group’s parks (Xcaret, Xelha, etc) consider buying a combo.